Albuquerque Fun Facts
Sample list of newspapers published in Albuquerque:
- Albuquerque Journal
- Albuquerque Weekly Alibi
- New Mexico Business Weekly
- The Albuquerque Tribune
- Crosswinds Weekly
The unemployment rate of Albuquerque was 4.02% in the year 2008.
The albuquerque is located 3 miles (5 km) southeast of the central business district of Albuquerque.
Albuquerque's geo-coordinates are 35.1107° N, 106.61° W.
There were about 145,934 mortgages in Albuquerque in the year 2008 according to data from United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.
Albuquerque is served by two airports, the larger of which is Albuquerque International Sunport.
Sample list of famous events happened in Albuquerque:
- NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Tournament
- Battle of Albuquerque
- Miss USA 1987
- West Mesa murders
- Southwest Gay and Lesbian Film Festival
There were 183,625 households in Albuquerque in the year 2008 according to data from United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.
Sample list of films shot in Albuquerque:
- The Man Who Fell to Earth ( starring Rip Torn as Nathan Bryce, Candy Clark as Mary-Lou, Jim Lovell )
- Terminator Salvation ( starring Common as Barnes, Moon Bloodgood as Blair Williams, Sam Worthington as Marcus Wright )
- Crazy Heart ( starring Robert Duvall as Wayne Kramer, Maggie Gyllenhaal as Jean Craddock, Colin Farrell as Tommy Sweet )
- Easier with Practice ( starring Marguerite Moreau as Samantha, Jeanette Brox as Sarah, Katie Aselton as Nicole )
There were about 3,653 foreclosures in Albuquerque in the year 2008 according to data from United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.
In June 2007, Albuquerque was listed as the sixth fastest-growing city in America by CNN and the U.S.
New Albuquerque was incorporated as a town in 1885, with Henry N Jaffa its first mayor, and it was incorporated as a city in 1891.
Sample list of tourist attractions in Albuquerque:
- Cliff's Amusement Park
- Sandia Peak Tramway
- Indian Pueblo Cultural Center
- New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science
- National Hispanic Cultural Center
- Petroglyph National Monument
- Rio Grande Zoo
- Unser Racing Museum
- National Museum of Nuclear Science & History
- Anderson-Abruzzo Albuquerque International Balloon Museum
Albuquerque's official website is http://www.cabq.gov/
List of airports near Albuquerque:
- West Mesa Airport
- Albuquerque International Sunport
- Double Eagle II Airport
Sample list of people who were the mayor of Albuquerque:
- Richard J. Berry ( Current Mayor, from 01 Dec 2009 )
The pre-1940s parts of Albuquerque are quite different in style and scale from the post 1940s areas.
Albuquerque is located in Bernalillo County, New Mexico, United States of America.
Population of Albuquerque was 552,804 in the year 2011.
Sample list of famous people who were born in Albuquerque:
- Edward R. Roybal ( Politician )
- Ingrid Chavez ( Songwriter, Singer-songwriter, Poet, Actor and Photographer )
- Don Alvarado ( Actor )
- Joel Spolsky ( Author, Programmer, Entrepreneur, Writer and Businessperson )
- Fernando Ortega ( Singer )
- Edmund Cobb ( Actor )
- Maurice Washington ( Politician )
- Matt Giese ( Comedian, Screenwriter and Actor )
- Dashiell Eaves ( Actor )
- Seth Adkins ( Actor and Voice Actor )
- Madolyn Smith Osborne ( Actor )
- Slim Summerville ( Actor and Film Director )
- Hugo Teufel III ( Lawyer and Politician )
- Benito Martinez ( Actor and Voice Actor )
- Pete Domenici ( Politician )
- Jeff Bezos ( Entrepreneur and Businessperson )
- French Stewart ( Actor and Voice Actor )
- Jeremy Foley ( Actor, Television Director, Television producer, Television Editor and Screenwriter )
- Simon J. Ortiz ( Writer )
- Jerry McNerney ( Politician, Engineer and Consultant )
- Neil Patrick Harris ( Actor, Voice Actor, Magician, Singer, Television producer, Musician, Film Producer, Television Director, Screenwriter, Comedian, Dancer and Presenter )
- Annabeth Gish ( Actor )
- Nick Wechsler ( Actor )
- Joey Zimmerman ( Actor and Musician )
- Linda Chavez ( Writer, Commentator and Politician )
- Barbara Edwards ( Nude Glamour Model, Actor and Pornographic actor )
- Sidney M. Gutierrez
- Al Unser, Jr. ( Race car driver )
- Louis R. Rocco
- Martin Chávez
- Brandon Moss
- Nick Speegle ( American football player )
- Ryan Cook ( American football player )
- Ronnie Lott ( American football player )
- Juan Cole ( Historian and Professor )
- Holly Holm ( Professional Boxer )
- Bob Foster ( Professional Boxer )
- Al Unser III ( Race car driver )
- Daniel Fernandez
- Pat Henry ( Coach )
- Stephanie Jaramillo ( Professional Boxer )
- Néstor Montoya
- Kenneth Tolon II ( American football player )
- Harold H. Moon, Jr.
- Sean Guthrie ( Race car driver )
- John F. Simms ( Lawyer )
- Preston Jones ( Playwright )
- Cisco McSorley ( Lawyer )
- Joseph Hagerty
- Kirk Bryan ( Geologist )
There were 233,129 addresses in Albuquerque in the year 2008 according to data from United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.
The albuquerque is primarily used as an air ambulance, corporate flight, military flight, training flight, charter flight, and private flight facility.
The albuquerque is diverted through a network of paved channels and arroyos, and emptied into the Rio Grande.
List of sports teams from Albuquerque:
- Albuquerque Dukes ( Baseball )
- West Mesa High School Soccer Team ( Football )
- La Cueva High School Girl’s Soccer Team ( Football )
Albuquerque is geographically divided into four quadrants which are officially part of the mailing address.
The albuquerque is referred to as "Old Town Albuquerque" or simply "Old Town"\.
Albuquerque is about 490.90 square kilometers with a population of 552,804 in the year 2011.
Albuquerque is in the Mountain Time Zone.
Sample list of fictional characters lived in Albuquerque:
- Walter White ( from "Breaking Bad" )
The name of the New Mexico city of Albuquerque is identical to the Portuguese spelling with only one 'r' of the family name in Portugal, probably due to Spanish or native local pronunciations.[verification needed ] The name is Latin (Roman) in origin and from alba quercus or "white oak" (the wood of the cork oak is white after the bark has been removed).
List of Albuquerque's nicknames:
Business in Albuquerque
Albuquerque, NM, US
Albuquerque, NM, US
Albuquerque, NM, US
Job Openings in Albuquerque
Classified Ads in Albuquerque
Saturday September 06, 2014