Baton Rouge Fun Facts
The current Mayor-President of Baton Rouge is Kip Holden.
Baton Rouge is served by several hospitals and clinics:.
The average one-way commute time in Baton Rouge is 22 minutes, 13% shorter than the US average.
Sample list of famous people who were born in Baton Rouge:
- Ti-Grace Atkinson ( Writer )
- Pruitt Taylor Vince ( Actor )
- Cameron Richardson ( Model and Actor )
- Lynn Whitfield ( Actor )
- Cleo Moore ( Actor )
- Louis Edmonds ( Actor )
- Chuck McMains ( Lawyer, Politician, Businessperson and Lobbyist )
- Donald Ray Kennard ( Politician )
- Kirk Kepper ( Actor and Film Producer )
- Jay Dardenne ( Lawyer and Politician )
- Bobby Jindal ( Politician )
- Jeff Fortenberry ( Politician and Economist )
- Shane West ( Actor, Musician, Producer, Guitarist, Singer-songwriter and Writer )
- John M. Jackson ( Actor and Teacher )
- David Andrews ( Actor )
- Reiley McClendon ( Actor )
- Devin DeVasquez ( Actor, Model and Pornographic actor )
- Shannon Stewart ( Nude Glamour Model and Actor )
- Mike Jackson ( General contractor )
- Yaser Esam Hamdi
- Kevin Windham
- Jason Garey
- Norris Weese ( American football player )
- Eugene Daniel ( American football player )
- Nemiah Wilson
- Michael Clayton ( American football player and Athlete )
- Jim Taylor ( American football player )
- Marcus Spears ( American football player )
- Donnie Jones ( American football player )
- Reggie Torbor ( American football player )
- Stefan LeFors ( American football player )
- Corey Bradford ( American football player )
- Randall Gay ( American football player )
- Bucky Richardson ( American football player )
- Stephen Gostkowski ( American football player )
- Warrick Dunn ( American football player and Athlete )
- Todd McClure ( American football player )
- Al Beauchamp
- Jimmy Williams ( American football player )
- Camille Cazedessus
- Glenn Dorsey ( American football player )
- J. P. Piper ( Basketball Coach )
- Don Chaney ( Basketball player, Coach and Basketball Coach )
- Bob Pettit ( Basketball player )
- Bobby Phills ( Basketball player )
- Brandon Bass ( Basketball player )
- Compton I. White ( Miner )
- Major Applewhite ( American football player, American Football coach and Coach )
- Bryce Drew ( Basketball Coach and Basketball player )
- Robert H. Barrow
There were about 75,892 mortgages in Baton Rouge in the year 2008 according to data from United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.
There were about 2,944 foreclosures in Baton Rouge in the year 2008 according to data from United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.
Today, there are over 60 concerts annually performed by the Baton Rouge Symphony Orchestra directed by Timothy Muffitt and David Torns.
In 2010, the American Reinvestment and Recovery Act provided supplemental funding for this project to extend to the Highland Road exit in East Baton Rouge Parish.
Baton Rouge is about 204.89 square kilometers with a population of 230,139 in the year 2011.
Baton Rouge is connected by the following major routes: I-10 (Capital City Expressway via the Horace Wilkinson Bridge), I-12 (Republic of West Florida Parkway), I-110 (Martin Luther King Jr.
Baton Rouge is in the Central Time Zone.
The ExxonMobil facility in Baton Rouge is the second-largest oil refinery in the country; it is among the world's 10 largest.
The yearly average temperature for Baton Rouge is 67.5 °F (19.7 °C) while the average temperature for January is 51.21 °F (10.67 °C) and August is 80.54 °F (26.97 °C).
On September 1, 2008, Hurricane Gustav struck the city and would become the worst hurricane ever to hit the Baton Rouge area.
Population of Baton Rouge was 230,139 in the year 2011.
Baton Rouge's official website is http://www.brgov.com/
The city of Baton Rouge is also home to 15 charter schools with a total enrollment of 3800 pupils.
Sample list of famous events happened in Baton Rouge:
- Battle of Baton Rouge
- NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Tournament
- Red Stick International Animation Festival
The unemployment rate of Baton Rouge was 4.93% in the year 2008.
List of airports near Baton Rouge:
- Baton Rouge Metropolitan Airport
Baton Rouge's geo-coordinates are 30.45° N, 91.14° W.
There were 147,756 households in Baton Rouge in the year 2008 according to data from United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.
There were 173,738 addresses in Baton Rouge in the year 2008 according to data from United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.
Sample list of people who were the mayor of Baton Rouge:
- Kip Holden ( Current Mayor, from 03 Jan 2005 )
By the outbreak of the Civil War, the population of Baton Rouge was 5,500.
Baton Rouge is located in East Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana, United States of America.
Sample list of newspapers published in Baton Rouge:
- The Advocate
- The Daily Reveille
- Tiger Weekly
C-SPAN's LCV 2011 U.S. Cities Tour Wraps up Savannah Shoot, Now in Charleston is a book about Baton Rouge
Sample list of tourist attractions in Baton Rouge:
- Old Louisiana State Capitol
- Magnolia Mound Plantation House
- Shaw Center for the Arts
- Baton Rouge River Center
- Baton Rouge Zoo
- Mount Hope Plantation House
- LSU Hilltop Arboretum
- Atchafalaya Basin
- LSU Rural Life Museum
- USS Kidd
Baton Rouge is located at 30°27′29″N 91°8′25″W / 30.45806°N 91.14028°W / 30.45806; -91.14028 (30.45, −91.14) on the banks of the Mississippi River in Southeastern Louisiana.
List of sports teams from Baton Rouge:
- LSU Tigers men's basketball ( Basketball )
- LSU Tigers tennis ( Tennis )
- LSU Tigers football ( American football )
- Southern Jaguars basketball ( Basketball )
When the city and parish combined government, the city and parish councils consolidated to form the East Baton Rouge Parish Metropolitan Council.
The settlement of Baton Rouge by Europeans began in 1719 when Baton Rouge was established as a military post by the French.
Sample list of films shot in Baton Rouge:
- The Loss of a Teardrop Diamond ( starring Ann-Margret as Cornelia, Will Patton as Mr. Dobyne, Ellen Burstyn as Addie )
- The Chameleon ( starring Ellen Barkin as Kimberly Miller, Xavier Beauvois as Gendarme, Gabe Begneaud as Pool player #2 )
- Drones ( starring Angela Bettis as Amy, Jonathan M. Woodward as Brian, Samm Levine as Clark )
- Flypaper ( starring Patrick Dempsey as Tripp Kennedy, Ashley Judd as Kaitlin, Mekhi Phifer as Darrien )
- The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 ( starring Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen, Jackson Rathbone as Jasper Hale, Ashley Greene as Alice Cullen )
- Everybody's All-American ( starring Dennis Quaid as Gavin Grey, John Goodman as Lawrence, Jessica Lange as Babs Rogers Grey )
- Sex, Lies, and Videotape ( starring James Spader as Graham Dalton, Andie MacDowell as Ann Mullany, Peter Gallagher as John Mullany )
- Blaze ( starring Paul Newman as Gov. Earl K. Long, Lolita Davidovich, Robert Wuhl )
- All the King's Men ( starring Sean Penn as Willie Stark, Jude Law as Jack Burden, Kate Winslet as Anne Stanton )
- Unraveled ( starring Christa Campbell as Raven, Brendan Connor as Walter, Jorge Garcia as (rumored) )
- Wolvesbayne ( starring David Jensen as Count Dracula, Yancy Butler as Lilith, Mark Dacascos as Von Griem )
The Port of Baton Rouge is the ninth largest in the United States in terms of tonnage shipped, and is the farthest upstream Mississippi River port capable of handling Panamax ships.
Baton Rouge Events
Baton Rouge Data